The Choice Is Clear
Combine the power of self-ligating braces with the low profile of clear aligners, and you get Bisig + Chermak's clear ceramic braces.
These stylish tooth-colored braces give you the smile you've always wanted while blending seamlessly with your natural teeth.
What Are Ceramic Braces?
Ceramic braces are a sophisticated and stylish alternative to traditional metal braces. Just like metal braces, they’re made up of brackets and archwires.
The brackets are crafted from a translucent ceramic material that closely matches the color of your teeth, making them much less noticeable compared to metal braces.
How Do Ceramic Braces Work?
Ceramic braces at Bisig + Chermak work on the same fundamental principle as self-ligating metal braces. They utilize brackets and archwires to apply gentle and consistent pressure to guide your teeth into their ideal positions. Here's an overview of how ceramic braces work:
- Brackets: Clear ceramic brackets bond to the front surface of each tooth using a specialized dental adhesive. These brackets serve as anchors for the archwire.
- Archwire: An archwire, typically made of a durable metal alloy, is threaded through each bracket. The archwire exerts gentle pressure on your teeth, gradually shifting them into alignment.
- Spring-loaded clips: Instead of elastic bands and frequent adjustments, our self-ligating clear braces use spring-loaded clips to keep your teeth moving in the right direction.
The Benefits of Ceramic Braces
If you want the strength of traditional braces and the appeal of aligners, you’ll love the features you get with our ceramic braces. They offer:
- Stylish: Clear, ceramic braces offer a more discreet orthodontic treatment option. The tooth-colored brackets blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, making them far less noticeable compared to traditional metal braces.
- Effective: Ceramic braces are highly effective in correcting a wide range of orthodontic issues, including crooked teeth, overcrowding, gaps, and bite irregularities. They provide the same level of effectiveness as traditional metal braces while offering an enhanced cosmetic experience.
- Durable: Although ceramic braces are made from a more delicate material compared to metal braces, they are still remarkably durable. With proper care, our patients in Winston-Salem, Clemmons, and King find that ceramic braces are both sturdy and powerful.
- Comfortable: Dr. Bisig and Dr. Chermak designed our clear ceramic braces with your comfort in mind. The brackets minimize irritation to your lips and gums. The archwires are also crafted to provide gentle pressure while reducing discomfort during the adjustment process.
Comparing Metal & Ceramic Braces
Metal and ceramic braces are both excellent options to build back your bite. However, there are some key differences between the two. Let’s take a look at some of these below:
- Looks: The most significant difference between ceramic braces and metal braces is their appearance. Ceramic braces feature clear or tooth-colored brackets that blend with your teeth, offering a more subtle and aesthetic option. Metal braces, on the other hand, have visible metal brackets and wires.
- Material: Ceramic braces utilize brackets made of translucent ceramic material, while metal braces are constructed from stainless steel. The ceramic material makes clear braces less noticeable, allowing you to feel more confident throughout your treatment.
- Stain Resistance: Ceramic braces are designed to resist staining and discoloration throughout your orthodontic journey. However, it's still important to maintain good oral hygiene and avoid foods and drinks that may cause staining.
Are Clear Braces Right for Me?
Clear, ceramic braces are great if you want a discreet orthodontic treatment without compromising effectiveness. If you have concerns about the appearance of traditional metal braces but still require comprehensive teeth-straightening, clear braces may be the ideal solution for you.